Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A New Life...?

Well moving day is fast-approaching. That's right, Matt and I are moving. Here are some things that have happened in the last little while:

- We graduated!! (Well Matt graduated and I'll be OFFICIALLY graduated when I finish a couple of online classes). We both walked in the April 2012 Commencement ceremony and are so thrilled to be done with the crazy student life.

- Working working working. Matt is working for the same company, Vivid, and will continue to do so after we move to it's headquarters in August. He does graphic design for them, and will do writing and editing for a separate part of the company called Imageworks as well. I am still working as a swim coach for OTAC and am dreading the day I leave. I LOVE my job! I am also working retail at Poco Loco swim shop where I sell swim equipment. I will only work at that job until the end of June (that will be a good day, haha!)


- Obviously, we've been back from India for awhile, I'm not sure if everyone got updates on that adventure. I'm thinking about doing a blogpost dedicated to our India adventure.. would that be wanted? Let me know. We went to Paris on the way back (love love LOVE Paris), and maybe I'll do a post on that as well? I'm here to serve the people, tell me what you want!!

- NORMAN! I will be dedicating a whole post about our adorable little hamster soon. I don't care if people want a whole post on him or not, he is the love of our lives! Cute and fluffy and so quirky (to the point of being downright weird), he is such a great little member of the family.

- We recently finished a Star Wars marathon with David and Chelsy (bro and sis-in-law). We watched them in chronological order of the story, so we started with Episode I and ended with Episode VI. It was so fun!

- We kicked off the summer with David, Chelsy, Melanie (Matt's sis), and Marshall (Matt's bro) at a grill-out! We grilled veggie burgers, polish dogs, hamburgers, and corn! It was delicious and such a great time. The weather here has been so beautiful. The sun is out and there is just a slight breeze to keep things not too hot. Amazing. The mountains are covered in a deep green as the bushes thrive (and before they die in the scorching heat that will inevitably come...)

- We will be going up to Rexburg this weekend to visit my sister, Alyssa, and her adorable little family. Then the weekend after that we're going to visit Matt's family in Tri-Cities and see Melissa graduate! Woohoo go Melissa! We will also be checking out a house we might rent in the area (more to come on that, stay tuned!). And then we leave on June 30th to go to MEXICO for a WHOLE WEEK! I'm counting down the minutes. I'm so excited to hit the beach, soak up some sun, go on some adventures, and spend some time with family in celebration of my amazing sister Keira and her husband Jason's 10th year anniversary vow renewal.

- So then we'll be back in July and I'll have non-stop meets during championship season with my team, and then before you know it, we'll be moving! We are going to be moving to Tri-Cities in the middle of August, and are most likely going to be renting a house in West Richland. Matt will work in Pasco. I'm so excited for a new little adventure and a new life! I can't believe we're done with the student life, I've been living here for 5 years! It's very bitter-sweet to leave UT, but we're ready for a new scene.

That's what we've been up to, and we are loving life to the max right now. The summer season came with beautiful weather and things going our way, our spirits have been lifted out of the gloom of winter and we look forward to more adventures together, madly in love as always :)


2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had a blog! I forever a follower from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you two crazy lovebirds! I love your blog and it sounds like you are living life to the fullest! Good luck with the moves and change of scenery and new jobs and all that comes with it. Make sure you send everyone your new address.

    ReplyDelete